The ‘Something That Counts’ Climate Change Concert, released by Mira Sound Germany as double Audio-CD and DVD is Michel Montecrossa’s New-Topical-Song concert for the Michel Montecrossa’s Michel & Bob Dylan Fest 2011.
Performed in the Omnidiet Music-Hall on 21st May 2011, the concert presents 23 acoustic songs including Michel Montecrossa’s title song ‘Something That Counts’ and more New-Topical-Songs like ‘In The Street’, ‘Nameless Glory: The Freedom Of Information Song‘, ‘Singin’ Future World (With The Girl From The Other Side Of The Street)‘ and ‘Reflection‘.
Michel Montecrossa’s Bob Dylan program includes rare songs like ‘Cover Down, Break Through‘, ‘Ballad For A Friend‘, ‘Poor Boy Blues‘ and ‘Hiding Too Long’.
Michel Montecrossa says about the Michel & Bob Dylan Fest 2011:
“In my songs I connect the present with the future, as Bob Dylan in his songs connects the past with the present. A complete Action Philosophy is the union of both aspects. That’s why I sing my songs along with Bob Dylan songs, for he too is helping in the transformation of the world. And that is the something that counts.”
The Songs, Disc One:
- Something That Counts
- Cover Down, Break Through
- Nameless Glory: The Freedom Of Information Song
- Ballad For A Friend
- In The Street
- Poor Boy Blues
- Bound To Lose, Bound To Win
- Watcha Gonna Do?
- Talkin’ End Game: It’s The Radioactive Song (Dedicated To The Fukushima Nuclear Plant)
- Gypsy Lou
The Songs, Disc Two:
- Singin’ Future World (With The Girl From The Other Side Of The Street)
- Ain’t A-Gonna Grieve
- Troubled And I Don’t Know Why
- Get Your Rocks Off!
- Roll On John
- The Best Thing For America
- Hiding Too Long
- Well, Well, Well
- Street Rocker In Syria
- Help Me Make It Through The Night